Suggest treatment for neuroendocrine tumor with liver metastasis

I have recently been diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumor with very early liver metastasis. I need a NC doctor that has treated these rare tumors. The location of the primary has not been diagnosed yet. Thank You XXXX
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Imaging required Detailed Answer: Hi Dear XXXX Good day. Neuoendocrine tumours are of wide spectrum and based on the hormone or chemical they produce, different symptoms appear. Some of them are benign. Some are completely silent. Some are associated with other endocrine disorders like pituitary, adrenal disorders etc. It is not certain what type of neuroendocrine tumour you have. We will have to do extensive investigations like CT scans and some of the newer scanning methods like PET scan, Octreotide scan, DOTANOC etc. These are often very good in picking up these small tumours. The treatment of these tumours are based on the size and symptoms. Some just require surgical removal. Some require surgical treatment followed by medicines. Some require Nuclear medicine treatment. Nuclear medicine is quite advanced now a days and many new chemicals ( radio isotopes) are effective in picking up the tumours including the primary and they are good in treating these tumours. . You may consult an endocrinologist who is specialized in neuro endocrine tumours. I am sure that Endocrinologists at Mayo Clinic and NIH etc are well versed with treating such rare tumours.