Suggest treatment for my unhappiness and loss of focus?

Hi, my name is Lachi, i am 21 years old. I am unhappy with everything, i can't focus on my study. my grades are going down. i want to study but i dont know why i could able to do it. XXXX
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Think positive Detailed Answer: Hi Lachi. Thanks for writing in. Sorry to hear that you are very unhappy with everything. It looks like there might be couple of issues bothering you. Could that be why you are unhappy. Any problems at school like bullying, peer pressure etc.? Everyone goes through some or the other bad phase in life. This too shall pass. Try to think of all the good things you have in life. I would advise you to do regular exercise 30 min a day 5 days a week. Exercise releases endorphins in our body which helps one feel good. You will also feel more alert and active. Another thing you can do is sign up for yoga classes and meditation which will help you relax. Drink 8-10 glasses of water everyday. Eat healthy food including fresh fruits and vegetables,etc. If you need help with studies. take the help of a family member or go for tuitions. Make pnemonics which will help you remember things better. If none of the above seem to help, I would advise you to go for counselling. Hope you will find my advice helpful. All the best for your studies . Do well. Regards, Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan