Suggest treatment for muscle strain in neck and lower back

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I fell on the ice last night. I hit my head. I think I was knocked out. When I came to I couldn't move my body. I finally was able to get up. Today my neck hurts really bad and my arms feel like I was hit by a bat. My lower back is real sore also. I have a slight headache
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Seems to be muscle strain. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. It appears you may have strained the muscles of your neck and lower back. I would suggest the following: - Paracetamol and ibuprofen for pain relief - Hot baths or cold packs applied to the area. One or both may help. - Alter your sleeping position if you are having trouble sleeping - Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain - Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day. If your symptoms are not getting better with the above measures, I suggest you to consult an orthopaedic surgeon for further evaluation and management. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care