Suggest treatment for morning sickness

I'm 3weeks pregnant and have not kept any food nor liquids down the entire 3 weeks please help me
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Due to morning sickness. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. You are having Morning Sickness and it is absolutely common to have this. Do not have undue stress / anxiety, as that will negatively impact your fetus. You can consult your gynecologist and get medicines like Doxylamine and Domperidone prescribed for controlling the vomiting. You need to follow some lifestyle modifications which will help control your symptoms 1.) Eat fiber rich fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and avoid foods which are not easily digestible and fatty foods 2.) Have six small meals instead of 3 large meals 3.) Drink plenty of fluids 4.) Go for regular Brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily. Try to eat something dry like Toast or biscuit whenever you feel nausea. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for morning sickness 1 hour later
Thank you a million. My right bottom leg is extremly numb. Is this also normall?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. The mild numbness is due to the electrolyte imbalance caused by the fluid loss. You need to have electrolyte rich fluids to improve this problem. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards