Suggest treatment for lymph stasis

My husband had an ulcerated toe from a callas. He had severe swelling of the foot and leg. He received about 11 courses of antibiotics over a year. It has finally healed but has left the great toe about 4 times the size as before. It no longer hurts but why would it be so big?
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fibrosis leading to lymph stasis Detailed Answer: Hello Infections lead to fibrosis of lymphatics. This causes stasis of lymph and hence swelling of the distal part. I would like to see a photograph of the affected area. This will help me in giving you a better guidance. There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page. Please utilize that. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for lymph stasis 47 hours later
I am trying to find where I can send the picture, but there is no title saying Query page and I cannot find anywhere saying where to upload a picture.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 hours later
Brief Answer: surgery required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up and photograph. Sorry for delay in reply. Its looking like lymph stasis. The only possible treatment is surgical correction of lymph channel. The lymph vessels need to be visualised after injecting XXXXXXX Once the block is detected it can be operated and treated. Please meet a surgeon. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for lymph stasis 2 days later
Does this surgery need a person to keep off the foot for any length of time, and if so, how long.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer: surgeon opinion is must Detailed Answer: Hello There might be requirement of admission and bed rest for at least a week after surgery. Recovery time also depend on the type of surgery performed. Please meet a surgeon and discuss in this regard. He can guide you much better. Thank you