Suggest treatment for lump which is turning black and blue just under my left eye caused by an injury

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I fell about 4 hour ago and hit the back of my head on a slanted ceiling which pushed my head forward and I hit my left cheekbone on the corner of a chest of drawers. I have a lump which is turning black and blue just under my left eye. There is a slight cut where it hit the cabinet, but no bleeding. Since then I have had a very bad headache and I am tasting blood. Should I see a doctor? I did not lose consciousness.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Home remedies to hitting back of head.. Detailed Answer: Hi, I am sorry for the situation you are in. I am also happy to know that you did not loose consciousness while falling. I suggest to - apply cold compresses to the places where you fell and blackened areas of the face too for a couple of days - take acetaminophen for the pain - get plenty of water If no improvement within a few days, or if you notice other unusual symptom, I suggest to get to ER for further evaluation. Unless, you are using any other medication (aspirin, etc.), then, should be further evaluated by your doctor. Wish fast recovery!