Suggest treatment for loss of semen

I do not have any semen.What can I do to have semen again?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please, have you had prostate surgery before? Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this lack of semen. I know how frustrating this can be. However, if it a complication of a surgery that was done to treat a potentially concerning disease, it may be the price for good health. No semen is a common complication in persons who have had prostate surgery. This results in retrograde ejaculation into the bladder leaving the client not to have semen flow to the exterior. If this is the case, then there is nothing else that can be done to restore this. It is a well documented side effect of this surgery. Please, let me know if this clearly fits your scenario. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for loss of semen 21 hours later
Dr. Ditah: I can accept the loss of semen but I have another question.When I ejaculate, how can the sharp pain i experience which is caused by irritation in the urethra, the tube that carries urine and semen through the penis, be relieved?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 hours later
Brief Answer: TRy to manipulate the penis Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. I am so sorry to learn of this burning sensation. I am so sorry to hear about this discomfort. Because this occurs only during ejaculation, it is clearly not an infection. During ejaculation, the smooth muscles get into rhythmic contractions to propel the semen out. The natural flow of the semen normally sooths this contractions and prevents any such feelings. In the absence of semen, this feeling of pins/needle or ants would be difficult to eradicate. try to manipulate the penis by gentle massage/caress during this tie to see if it offers some real relief. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.