Suggest treatment for kidney infection

Question
Hi, I have a kidney infection and am currently taking 100mg 5 day course of nitrofurantoin. I'm due to have a small tattoo done tomorrow but am still feeling kidney pain and tiredness. I understand ideally wait until I feel better, but if I was to go ahead. Would there be any adverse effects? Thank you
Posted Sat, 12 Aug 2017 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No complication if you do the tattoo now, while you have a kidney infection

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

There is no interaction between a kidney infection and a tattoo which is just a scratch in the skin. So no adverse effects if you do the tattoo now.

Keep in mind though that if you take any medication because of the tattoo, check for interactions with Nitrofurantoin.

Otherwise continue with the same advises that your doctor has given you to fight better the kidney infection.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako