Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for kidney infection symptoms

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Hi and thank you for helping me. I am showing all the signs of kidney infection, with fever, high temperature, pain when trying to urinate and finding it hard to hold my urine until I reach the toilet. My temp is 39 Celcius curently and I have lost my appetite. I have these symptoms for 3 days now. Sorry for being so slow typing. Thank you. I am also constipated and have XXXXXXX taking liquid medicine for that for 3 days as well, but so far it has not worked
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Investigations and immediate treatment Detailed Answer: Hi. History of the current problem and heart surgery noted. For a patient with the similar history, I would suggest to go for the blood tests, Urine routine and culture sensitivity (before starting antibiotics preferably), Ultrasonography for the whole urinary tract to see the cause / secondary effects. To start the antibiotics immediately after giving urine for reports, plenty of oral fluids and antipyretic for fever. For this you have to see a Doctor as the antibiotics are prescription medicines. For constipation you may increase the dose of the liquid medicine or change as per direction of your Doctor. With the history of bypass surgery, you should not have waited so long.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for kidney infection symptoms 48 minutes later
Thank you Doctor, that course of treatment make a lot of sense. I realize that I should have went earlier, but I couldn't drive my car and Doctors in XXXXXXX even have Care Docs standing in for them, but they are reluctant to come to your home and I also did not want to go to my local Hospital, even though I have private healthcare Insurance as I would have been put on a Trolly on a Corridor in that Hospital as Health Cuts are causing havoc in XXXXXXX and it would have taken me days to be admitted to a Hospital Ward. That's what happens with austerity and the Hospitals can barely cope, even though the Doctors and Staff in the Hospitals are all excellent. They just cannot cope with the influx of patients and their own shortage of staff. I realise that I may be sounding bitter, but what I say is fact and with 20 or 30 people on trollies in the Hospital Corridors, you could actually pick up more illnesses. Sometimes everyone have to use the on Toilet and that's the XXXXXXX that no one Internationally hears about. People in XXXXXXX now are afraid to go to Hospitals and that's sad. I realize you can't comment on that, but it will explain to you why I was waiting until today to see my own GP. by the way, should I bring my GP a sample of my urine? Agin, thank you.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes please ! Detailed Answer: Thanks for your info. Indeed this is the changing scenario all over the world. The HUMAN touch is reducing. Please go with a sample of urine. You may need another STERILE container for culture and sensitivity test. Sonography for the statue of prostate be better seen. Wishing you an early and complete recovery.