Suggest treatment for itching and rashes under the breast

Hi I am 25 yrs old.From last few days I am having an itching problem under my breast.The skin under the breast and between the breast became red and i can feel rashes too.Please tell me do i have PCOD? I am having acne problem in my back and upper arms to from last year.But didnt take any med for that.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: PCOD may be ruled out by consulting gynaecologist. Detailed Answer: Hi, After reading the history, it seems that you may be having inframammary intertrigo. And it is not related with PCOD, so not to worry..still you consult gynaecologist to get satisfaction. For inframammary intertrigo, you consult dermatologist. Intertrigo may be due to Candida albicans, a fungus. Antifungal powder and cream like clotrimazole may be applied. Oral antifungal like ketoconazole or itraconazole may be taken for two weeks. Antihistaminics like levocetirizine may be taken to relieve itch. Avoidance of soap bath and use of dettol liquid in bath water may be done.Area should be kept dry. The intertrigo may be improved. Acne on trunk and arms may be improved by oral antibiotic like minocycline..50 mg daily or azithromycine 500 mg thrice a week for long time. Vitamin A and E may be taken. Local application of clindamycine gel may be helpful. I feel your both problems may be alright. But take treatment under supervision of dermatologist. I hope you got my answer. Still,any are welcome. Thanks. Dr.Ilyas Patel MD