Suggest treatment for irritation in throat

I had an incisional hernia repair and abdoplasty a week ago. Today I have been having trouble with clearing my throat and it feels like something can't be shifted. Can an over the counter product help with this problem?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would try proton pump inhibitor... Detailed Answer: Hi, Trouble with clearing throat and feeling of something stuck is a common complaint that I hear from my patient with throat irritation; irritation that is secondary from acid reflux being the cause. I do not mean what you have is only from acid reflux; however with the stress of recent surgery and perhaps the pain killers used brings me to this possibility. I do not feel it may be related to a serious surgical complications. Therefore you should try proton pump inhibitor like prilosec OTC. This is available over the counter. In addition try XXXXXXX warm salt gargles. It should help you. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards