Suggest treatment for impaired hearing due to holes inside the ear

ENT Specialist
i am 32 yrs old, from childhood onwards secreting ear wax, all my family members(my brothers) have this type problem in child hood, now they are fine. In my case still I am uffering with this problem, my parenta told that will automatically cure, but now i am facing hearing problem. when i met ENT specialist he told both ear have holes, u have u go for surgery(tympanoplasty) and with the help of audiology test,my hearing level is only 40% for both ears. Now i would like to know, after surgery for both ears tympanoplasty my hereing level will increase or not. I hope this will be useful to study my case, whenever ear drops instilling in my ear, i feeling comfortable with my hearing level. thankQ
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: tympanoplasty should improve your hearing Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You have holes in both the tympanic membranes (TM) and tympanoplasty is the treatment of choice. Perforation in TM leads to conductive type of hearing loss and your improvement in hearing with ear drops also points to this. If your audiometry shows conductive hearing loss, the tympanoplasty should improve your hearing. Feel free to ask another query. Regards