Suggest treatment for high blood pressure

I have experienced little pain / stretch in my left shoulder twice in last one month. sametime it extend to left back and front. I have checked my Blood Pressure four time i.e. once in week in last one month and reading are 130/ 90, 130/ 90, 130 / 90 and 140 / 90. My height is 6 feet and weight is 80 Kgs as on date. Please advise.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: lifestyle changes Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX It seems like you are on the verge of getting high blood pressure or pre-high blood pressure state. Your readings are high. As a protocol, we generally advice patients lifestyle changes for initial 3 months. If things do not improve, then medications are suggested. Therefore, I would suggest you to go on healthy diet and regular exercise for 3 months from now on. Repeat your blood pressure reading after 3 months. If it still remains high, you can start medications for the same. Wish you good luck. Regards,
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for high blood pressure 54 minutes later
Dear Dr. Shanthi, Thanks for your advice. Please let me know diet plan so I can implement the same with immediate effect. Regards, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer: healthy diet Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I would suggest healthy diet to you. This includes lots of vegetables and fruits. Plenty of fluids orally. Avoid junk food, bakery food, high calorie foods, high fat, and oily food. Go more for greens. Idlis, plain dosas, upma, porridge, oats, corn flakes are good for breakfast. For lunch, take rotis and vegetable subjis or rice, again take light dinner like rotis with plain dal. Take rice only once a day. Make sure you eat a fruit daily. You can take non vegetarian food once in a fortnight. This is the brief diet plan. You could also get a dietitian call with a detailed diet plan. Please raise a request for "dietitian consultation" from your XXXXXXX dashboard. Wish you good luck and good health. Regards,