Suggest treatment for high BP

Cardiologist, Interventional
I was feeling discomfort in my left hand, wrist and arm due to hectic work schedule for some days. I visited doctor. He advised for ECG. It was normal but he reported High BP and High Pulse. He also prescribed me BP related pill to take daily. I took for few days but now I am concentrating on my diet rather than taking medicine. My age is 28. What do you suggest. Should I need to go for Preventive Health Checkup or any specific tests.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: First recheck your BP and pulse Detailed Answer: Please have your BP and Pulse checked. If they are normal on diet have Treadmill test done to make sure that pain is not related to heart. If BP is high you need continue on meds bring it to control and than test. ALso if you have not recently checked have your cholesterol and sugar checked.