Suggest treatment for hernia and belly fat

I have a large, bothersome hernia that goes from under my breasts to my navel.I've been trying to lose weight but it is keeping my belly protruding and I've worked out daily for years. It's like all my muscles have gone and I need help. My gastrenterologist sent me to a surgeon. This surgeon keeps saying it's my gall bladder and has run tests and next is a Hideascan??? He says I need to go to a specialist surgeon for my hernia, and I think he's just making money off of me..How do I get rid of my belly and the hernia?? Oh, I have Parkinson's, and neuropathy in both legs and feet. I use a cane because my balance is so poor.
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Regular aerobic exercise, low calorie diet Detailed Answer: Dear patient, Thanks for the query. Probably the issue is two-fold: if there is extra fat in your belly (you can pinch it and make a "skin roll"), then regular aerobic exercise that makes you sweat, a minimum of 150 minutes per week, along with a low calorie diet (breakfast like a king, lunch like a XXXXXXX dinner as pauper) will help significantly; a common misconception is that to burn belly fat you need to do abs or crunches. The second issue is the hernia, and that truly sounds like a surgical issue, but given your many prior surgeries I would recommend to visit an experience surgeon. Hope this helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN Cardiology