Suggest treatment for hard and sore bump on the temple

I fell about 7 days ago and hit my left temple. Next morn had a XXXXXXX bump and lots of swelling all over my eye,then very black eye. The swelling has gone down and the bump but I still have a quarter size bump on my temple. It is sore,kinda hard too. Should I see a dr?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: no need to see a dr in the absence of symptoms Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry about the injury that you suffered. You now have the bump on the temple that is sore and hard too. In the absence of other symptoms like headache, dizziness, hearing problem, vomiting and nausea, blurred vision, there is no need for you to see a doctor. I would suggest you to take over the counter anti-inflammatory drugs like Motrin or Panadol that can help you in relieving the soreness. You can apply intermittent hot compression over the bump for it to reduce in size. It should go away eventually. Meanwhile, rest well and take plenty of water orally. You should be fine soon. Take care!