Suggest treatment for hair loss during lactation

I'm feeding my 5 month old baby. I'm losing too much hair & I can see female pattern baldness ' which is just started' . I don't want to go for stemcell or laser as I can't afford it. please suggest me best medicine to stop hair fall and if possible for regrowth of the hair. or if you can suggest any dermatologist in Hyderabad . I dnt have medical history, no bp, no diabetic, no other medical problem i'm 32 & i'm fit. YYYY@YYYY is my email id
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Normal to lose hair during lactation Detailed Answer: Hi, Let me quote some facts before you worry. During pregnancy hair fall is minimal due to hormonal influence or the hair is not lost as regular cycling process. Very few follicles go into telogen phase and drop. This would be soon compensated with heavy hair loss post pregnancy. After delivery the hormonal influence is gone and hence hair fall begins. It is totally normal and you will get back your original hair within next one year. At this point you just remain cool. You can take TAB BIOTIN FORTE, 10mg, once a day. You can take green leaves in the food as dal / curry every day. Add one root vegetable on alternate days. If you still want to consult Dermatologist let me know.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for hair loss during lactation 58 minutes later
Thank you so much for the quick response. yes I would like to consult Dermatologist before I start the tablets as I'm feeding the baby n I have few more questions..
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Choose one of the following dermatologist Detailed Answer: Dr. Satyanath. RV. Patnaik Ph: +91-0000 Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX +91-0000 Dr XXXXXXX - 0000
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for hair loss during lactation 17 minutes later
I'm sorry but i want to confirm this.. can i start Biotin forte 10mg from today I'm still feeding the baby. i'm taking calcium n iron tablets. shall i discontinue any of these tablet to take biotin?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Continue all the current medicines along with BIOTIN. If you do not have further queries please accept my answer and rate it.