Suggest treatment for gastric problem

An episode last evening at dinner was particularly bad. I have had the problem all my life if I forget to eat very slowly. Last night it was eating rice and beef vindaloo. After about the fourth mouthful I felt the stuck in the throat feeling that tells me pain is to follow. I have to stop eating the nice meal. Go stand by the basin and spend an hour regurgitating little bits at a time. I try to burp to help. Pain occurs in my upper chest and below Adam's XXXXXXX Last night it was so bad that my body tried to vomit with great pain and minimal success. My face , jaw and neck filled with immense pressure at each spasm. It was the worst episode yet. The condition subsides and I can return to enjoy the meal. I have no pain later. I have to be really careful eating any food that may accumulate during digestion. Please indicate what this is ?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Advised to run further tests.... Detailed Answer: Hi, The episode you had last night was related to gastric problems you might have. Further diagnostic tests are needed to run final conclusions including: - upper endoscopy - abdominal ultrasound - complete blood profile The problems you are experiencing might be related to: - GERD - gastritis/ulcer - intolerance to foods - fast eating I also advise to: - eat slowly, often and small portions - avoid spicy, chilly, oily foods - avoid carbonated/energetic drinks - drink more water - do not lay down immediately after eating - have your dinner at least 4 hours before going to bed Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other queries you might have!