Suggest treatment for food allergy

I'm ready to pull my hair out and hope you can help...About 1.5 years ago I had a case of hives that lasted for 2 weeks. I went to an allergist were performed skin prick tests/blood tests and determined that I had an allergy to cats, dogs, dustmites, peaches and sunflower. However, since I didn't eat the aforementioned foods and my environment didn't change he said the case of hives was "cause unknown". I went away for a few months and had another "reaction" to something-no hives just itchy/burning sensation. Since I was a few away from home, I admit I panicked and began really limiting my diet. It has become almost like an eating disorder-I only eat wheat, rice, chicken, corn, soy and spinach. I've had this diet for a year. When I returned home, I revisited my allergist for reassurance, but to the contrary....he took some blood (all negative), but told me that since I chose the eliminate food, the ONLY way to introduce any other food back in my diet was with an oral challenge. It seemed odd, so I went to another allergist for a second opinion. She performed the skin tests for a variety of foods in December; they were all 0. She told me to at least begin reintroducing vegetables like potato and squash slowly (one at a time to avoid stomach upset, but did not think it required timely/costly oral challenges in the office). I have not started yet, but would like to. My first allergist says it is XXXXXXX and still recommends the oral challenge. Who do I believe? They are both board certified, I don't know what to do. But, the disagreement is making my anxiety soar.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that both of your doctors are right in their own places . Having oral challenges is the ideal way out for this but since your test done next time doesnt show any evidence you can go with your second doctors advise . I agree with her that you can introduce the eatables slowly , You should try with small amount and look for any reaction , if it occurs then you should not increase the amount . If there is no reaction you can slowly increase the amount . Take care. Dr.Shruti