Suggest treatment for dry cough

I am sufferings from cough for last 15 days. Its dry coughing. When I start coughing it lasts for minimum 30 seconds to 1 minute. There is no body ache. Yes, I was also suffering from cold for last 2 days. But not there is no problem from cold. Only cough persisting.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Remedies to persistent dry coughing... Detailed Answer: Hi, If you are experiencing dry coughing, then, I suggest to: - drink more water - humidify the air of your room - do steam mask - avoid exposing to cold/irritant fumes - do not smoke or expose to smoking area - take otc anti-histamines - keep a good hygiene of your throat (advised gargle with water and salt in the morning) - otc antiacids - avoid spicy, chilly foods If no improvement within a week, then, should start prescription - anti-histamines together with - cortisone use and - omeprazole Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana