Suggest treatment for dry cough

im having dry cough for couple of days. I have no fever or cold. I had the cough problem some 15 days back too, but was cured by taking benadryl syrup. I went to a doctor who prescribed with BAXIN-D (3 tablets a day), TusQ (3 tablets a day), Novolid (2 tablets a day), levosiz (2 tablets a day). What tablets ishould i take..
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: A short course of steroids nebulizer will help Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. Treatment depends on the cause of cough. A dry, recurrent cough is most likely due to allergy, viral infection or as an allergic manifestation of worm infestation/micro filarial infection. Take a short course of steroids in low doses (preferably as nebulizer), along with Montelukast + Levosiz, and cough syrup containing Codeine. It would also be worthwhile to take a deworming course (single tablet of Albendazole). If dry cough persists, get TLC, DLC, AEC, chest X-ray and test for microfilaria done. Further opinion cannot be expressed in the absence of more details. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal