Suggest treatment for dizziness and blurred vision when suffering from vertigo

my wife has vertigo/meniers diease, she has had a couple of dizzy spells with blurred vision in the last two days. She is having one now. She is under a doctors care, however we are 1000 miles from home. Her blood pressure , lying down was 136/106 with a pulse of 63. She has taken 1 meclizine.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No worries for now, compliance to treament priorit Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I do think her blood pressure and pulse are within normal limits, and you should not be so worried in that respect. I do believe since she took Meclizine, well indicated for the condition, you just need to be calm. She might need to continue with her usual dose, till she gets a doctor's opinion. Other drugs do exist that could her added to her treatment package, but shall only be done in case symptoms persist or aggravate. A low salt diet, appropriate use of diuretics, which she is already taking of course (hydrochlorothiazide), and Calcium channel blockers could be associated to her therapy in case of need. For now, a careful follow up of usual treatment, and tight monitoring of evolution of symptoms is very important. In case symptoms persist or aggravate, you might need to see a doctor urgently for review. Encouraging her and psychological support remain very useful and healthy. Continues monitoring of her blood pressure and pulse as you have been doing should be continued. Thanks and kind regards as I wish her the best of health. Please, do feel free asking further questions in case of need, I will be honored making any humble contributions. Dr Bain