Suggest treatment for diarrhea accompanied by cramps and gurgling sound in the stomach

I'm now in my third day of diarrhea - very small watery expulsions after slight cramps or gurgling sound in the stomach area. Taking Imodium as per directions - very little change. Just wait it out? It's unlike any diarrhea I've experienced in my 75 years.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Steps to improve diarrhea&prevent complications Detailed Answer: Hi, I am sorry for the bad diarrhea condition you have. I understand it is very fastidious what you are experiencing, but, you have chances to get healed if treated properly. I'll try to assist you improve the diarrhea symptoms preventing complications onset. Imodium alone cannot help much in improving the symptoms. You need to also take: - tasectan to stop the diarrhea - otc oral probiotics and o.r.s to improve intestinal flora and replace the mineral lost during diarrhea - take plenty of water or gatorade (has electrolytes) to prevent dehydration - buscopan to relieve the pain (cramps) If you are also having fever or blood in stool, then, should consult a physician and run : - examination of feces for ova/parasites - culture of feces for candida/bacteria - abdominal ultrasound - fecal occult blood testing to determine the right diagnosis and further treatment. Wish fast recovery! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!