Suggest treatment for calcification of brain and arteries leading to brain

Nov 2013

My husband has calcification of the brain and arteries leading to the brain. He also has been diagnosed with dementia and Parkinson's Disease. I am unable to get a clear answer to any treatments available for the calcification. Are there any?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Generally, calcification of brain and arteries leading to brain does not require treatment. Certain areas in the brain can normally have calcification, such as basal ganglia, pineal gland, choroid plexus and dura. Calcification of arteries could mean less blood flow to the brain. This can be confirmed by doing MRI and MR angiogram. If that is the case, aspirin would help. If you can upload the CT scan report, it would be useful. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: