Suggest treatment for bump on head due to fall with loss in sense of smell and taste
User rating for this question
I fell down the stairs about 3 weeks ago and got a large bump on the right base of my head It has not etirely gone, still quite a bump there. But, I have also lost my sense of smell. I didn't wat to bother the docs over the Xmas period so I just waited for the bump to go down on its own but I still have no improvement in sense of smell/taste. Suggestions/help please?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: SCALP INJURY Detailed Answer: RESPECTED MA,AM HELLO MY BEST WISHES FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY . I have gone through your medical history in detail . Large bump on head due to fall from stairs ,with loss of sense of smell/taste needs further investigations ,even if there was no h/o unconciousness . May i suggest you to 1. Take some analgesic/antiinflammatory medication for symptomatic relief . 2. Get a CT SCAN BRAIN & XRAY CERVICAL SPINE to rule out any intracranial lesion causing loss of smell/taste . As at times injury to frontal base can cause loss of smell . 3. You can also use local ANALGESIC GEL/ HOT OR COLD FOAMENTATION also to get symptomatic relief . Thanx DR XXXXXXX K XXXXXXX DIRECTOR DEPTT. OF NEUROSURGERY
People also viewed
- Suggest treatment for loss in sense of taste
- Is bloated a side effect of stalevo 125?
- Is nerve pain a side effect of crestor?
- Is lobate gm prescribed for kids
- Suggest treatment for loss in vision due
- Bump and bruise on forehead following fall suggest treatment
- Lobate gm skin ointment
- Is convulsions a side effect of ddavp?
- Thirsty, hungry and going to toilet a lot
- Laxopeg polyethylene glycol
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss due to emotional stress
- Is seizures a side effect of doxazosin?
- Is paralysis a side effect of coumadin?
- What is the use of obimet sr 1 gm
- Suggest treatment for cold and loss of taste sense