Suggest treatment for bloating stomach and frequent constipation inspite of being obese

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Hi Doctor I have mostly have bloated stomach and constipation frequently, i was on sompraz d 40 as advised by my doctor however the moment I stop I get the gastric problem again where after eating when I burp entire could world get to know what I had eaten .. I am at times getting pain also on my right side of stomach .. I am on a low carb diet for weight loss , due to this issue I'm not able to loose weight either.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follow the guidelines as directed. Detailed Answer: Hi. The obesity itself can be a part of the reasons of your ''gastric'' problems. First of all get the constipation treated by mild laxatives like cremaffin plus at bed-time- the doses to be taken as per suits you; start with 2 teaspoonfuls and you can reduce or increase the dose as per your suitability. You need to undergo the upper GI endoscopy, ultrasound of abdomen, may be barium study of the esophagus and stomach to come to a diagnosis. Remember Ayurvedic and other supplements you are taking can enhance the problems; you can stop them for sometime to see if it helps. Till you go through the investigations I would advise you to take tablet Motilium -M 10 mg 1-1 at 6 am - 2 pm and 10 pm; meaning at 8 hourly interval along with plain Sompraz once daily. Go for bland diet, small frequent meals, exercises in moderate way, follow the chart your dietitian advises you, do no lye down after food - have a walk; No smoking or tobacco in any form/ drinking alcohol. A life-style which allows a sound sleep of 6 to 8 hours solves many problems. Always take help of your family as their persistence helps more than a Doctor's advise. Consultation with a Gastoenterologist is most advisable, as you may need prescriptions/ advise and endoscopy. Regards,