Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest treatment for bleeding gums

Hi Doctor, sometimes blood comes from my teeth, so pls suggest.mostly in morning time while doing toothbrush.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Treatment of bleeding gums is required. Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum, Bleeding gums is usually due to gingivitis which is associated with many factors; -Microorganisms, plaque and calculus deposition. -Food impaction, mouth breathing. -Faulty tooth brushing habit. -Nutritional deficiencies. -Endocrine changes like puberty, menstural cycle, pregnancy, diabetes mellitus. Without an oppurtunity to examine and evaluate you, I am unable to narrow down the possibilities. I would encourage you to visit to a Dentist to find out the exact cause and to get the teeth cleaned. In the meanwhile; -Brush your teeth regularly with a soft bristle toothbrush. -Replace your toothbrush every six months. -Brush in back and forth, up and down motion and rinse your mouth after every meal. -Use chlorhexidine mouthwash regularly. -Take complete balanced diet with plenty of raw vegetables, vitamin C containing food in your diet like lemon, oranges etc. -Take multivitamin suplements. -Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated. -Also check your menstural cycle, blood sugar level. Hope you find this information as helpful, If you have any further doubts, do write to me and i will get back to you. Take Care! Dr Qazi Ammara.