Suggest treatment for basal-cell carcinoma of the skin?
User rating for this question
hi I live in the Kingston area and have been told I I basel cell cancer. I've been to the v.a. but want to see a doctor in or near Kingston. it's seems to be getting worse. can you give me any advice or help. I had a biopsy on the area. thanks XXXX.the area affected is on my upper chest near the neck area.it's roughly 3 inches across.in 1980 I was part of the agent orange study. could this be from that or as the v.a. is saying it's from the sun. thanks XXXX.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Basal-cell carcinoma of the skin is not a real cancer. It has histological marks of cancer, however it does not act like a cancer. It does not give any metastases, usually it is not life threatening. So in general we can say that even if its called cancer, it is benign disease. So this should not worry you much. All you need to have done is to have it removed by a surgeon (it does not need to be an oncologist however plastic surgeon can do it best). Completely removing it you will be cured without any further action needed. There is a Department Of Surgery in Kingston (see the link http://surgery.queensu.ca/home/contact_us). I`m pretty sure they can help you. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for basal-cell carcinoma of the skin? 19 hours later
thanks doc. for the information. i'll contact the department of surgery in Kingston when I get back to n.y. and see what they have to say about this problem. I feel I let it go on too long so I want it fixed. thanks again XXXX
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Skin cancer can grow for a very long time without any consequences. So you should not blame yourself or worry. Just have it removed and you will be cured. Regards.
People also viewed
- Colloidal silver squamous skin cancer
- Lower eyelid skin cancer is dangeruos
- Can having lemon juice in the morning cause hair thinning
- Basal cell carcinoma superficial treatment
- Ozone therapy cause gynecomastia
- Suggest treatment for basal-cell carcinoma of the skin
- Can smoking weed cause sinus fungi infection
- Milk of magnesia cause green stool
- Clearasil for skin cancer
- Small skin cancer on cheek
- Can lisinopril hctz cause tachycardia
- Sclerosing basal cell carcinoma treatment
- What color puss does skin cancer have
- Treatment and cure for Basal cell carcinoma
- Basal cell carcinoma treatment cream