Suggest treatment for bacterial infection around the eyes
User rating for this question
I am a 69 year old woman in moderately good health, with high blood pressure and arthritis, plus pseudo-gout. Two days ago I had open skin above my right eye. the next day it turned into a real sore and my right eye was swollen. Today the eye is almost swollen shut. I did not hit my head or burn my skin with a dcurling iron. I have had headaches and swelling on the right side of my yead.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Based on your description, it seems to be a bacterial infection, and is spreading locally. The cause of eye being shut is mechanical ptosis, where due to swelling of eyelid, it droops down. I do not think there could be any internal brain infection at this point of time. However, if the infection is not treated, the infection may spread internally to the brain. I would advise you to start a course of antibiotics in consultation with your doctor, so that the local infection can be cured. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
People also viewed
- Hcg diet and endometriosis
- Suggest treatment for bacterial infection around the eyes
- Healthy diet tips excess wind
- Seizuresinvoluntary finger movementhead and shoulder seizures
- Is vigamox used in the treatment of eye infection, bacterial ?
- Hcg diet elevated prolactin
- Tremors shaking in hands legs stress masturbation lack of sleep
- Soy protien diet pancreatitis post ercp
- Treatment and cure for bacterial eye infection
- Numbness in left hand headache bladder incontinence ms cis
- Nausea hallucinations face redness seizures brain damage hot flashes
- Convulsions in sleep eptoin memory problems seizures weight loss
- High protein diet fainting
- Suggest treatment for allergic eye infection
- Is moxeza used in the treatment of eye infection, bacterial ?