Suggest treatment for anal fissure and constipation

Hello Doctor, from past 2 days I have severe pain while passing stools and not able to sit. my stools are not hard and normal like earlier and I don't feel any tissue or growth in anal area but not sure why the pain is. Usually I will be sitting for long hours at office, now in this situation i cannot sit for long time and if i stand i get back pain. Please help in providing some immediate relief from this.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thank you for the query. Possibly you have a small fissure in anal area which is a cut occurring in the anal area. This is usually associated with constipation but can occur with normal or even with loose stools. Usually an self healing problem but can be recurrent or severe at times. Need not worry. Ensure you do not strain for stool. Drink plenty of water Take diet rich in fibre like salads and fruits. Can take some medication like liquid paraffin available over the counter around 15 ml at night to ensure soft stools for 10 days. Also applying an local anaesthetic jelly like xylocaine available over the counter around the anal area before passing stools will help. Can sit in XXXXXXX warm water for 15 minutes thrice a day to relieve spasm Also if pain is severe can take mild analgesic like paracetamol 650 mg thrice a day for 4 days. Hope this answers your query. Wish you a speedy recovery.