Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Gentamicin?

Allergic REation from Gentamicin 380mg IV. Had In hospital 1 dose on Wednesday at noon it is now Friday night at 10pm. I have been taking Benedryl every 6 hours since the one dose in hospital. Tonight I starting feeling swelling inside my mouth and slight red rash on cheek. How many more days should I have side effects.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Allergic reactions typically take 1-2 weeksto fade Detailed Answer: Hi Mrs XXXX, welcome to HCM. Allergic reactions due to drugs typically take 1-2 weeks to subside. oral mucosal damage lesions recover depends on severity. large ulcers may even take longer. skin lesions quickly respond to anti allergy drugs. A short course of steroids will enhance recovery along with benedryl. All the best.