Suggest treatment for adenoids

ENT Specialist
My daughter is 35 months old. Her nose has literally not stopped running from 2 and half years Even both nasal were always blocked with stuffy like liquid. Due to this blockage, she normally breathe through her mouth with mouth open, which makes her throat so dry that she start vomiting in night. She also snores very loudly while sleeping, that put so much pressure on her chest x-rays show her adenoids are enlarged We took so many treatment both Allopathic and Homeopathic, but no relief I am so worried about her health. What should I do?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Below medications will help Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. The best treatment for adenoids ,if they are causing problems ,is surgery. Being an ENT surgeon ,we have seen excellent results following surgery. Which any medicine can not give. And these days the anaesthesia has improved so very well that there are very very low chances of any complication. But you should give medical treatment first , i advice to my patients--- antibiotics of penicillin group like amoxicillin with clavulinic acid , decongestants,local--like xylometazoline nasal drops,and oral syrups, Becosule syrup Around 10 days course. You should consult your doctor for the medicines. But still if she is not relieved then you can discuss with your doctor and give her nasal saline sprays and mometasone (steroid) nasal sprays . The nasal sprays need to be taken for around 12 weeks. These sprays decrease the size of adenoids.There is no reported complication as such, and are safe. In addition take precautions--- -Save her from exposure to cold breeze -allow her to play outdoor games -prevent from exposure to dust,fumes etc. -give her steam inhalations. -give her healthy food . In doubt do reply