Suggest treatment for acute infectious enteritis

Hi, I woke up 3 days ago with a bloated feeling and slight nausea ( I wrote it off as eating to late and Going to sleep straight away) I also had reflux along with that, had diarrea but not the urgent kind, only drank water and snacked on crackers symptoms let up by end of day, the next day I started having stomach cramps not constant but one every few minutes, along with a bloated feeling,, drank water, Gatorade, ate soup assuming just a virus next day cramps were all but gone , still drank fluids and ate soup cramps were gone for several hours, but now have returned again about 8 hours after they quit? Again never a constant pain but hits and only last for guessing 5-10 seconds? Have some grumbling sound from stomach but seems only when relieving myself still diarrea but again not the urgent kind? Thanks 43 year old/male
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). It seems that you are having acute infectious enteritis for which you require a course of antibiotics like ofloxacin and ornidazole along with some pre and probiotic. This I found very useful in my patients presenting almost with these symptoms I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for acute infectious enteritis 18 minutes later
Thanks, Several people told me could be my gallbladder or appendix but because no fever and pain is not constant nothing to worry about right?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: I don't as per your symptoms that gallbladder or appendix are involved as both conditions cause severe pain and site of pain is very specific and localised.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for acute infectious enteritis 2 minutes later
Thanks Doc!!! Been a great help have a great day!!!
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 days later
Brief Answer: Most welcome Detailed Answer: If you don't have further query you may close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.Thanks