Suggest treatment for acidity

I have started getting frequent acidity problems. I'm taking normal veg food in balanced amount. Sometimes even food taken at lunch causes a lot of problem and I have to skip evening meal to be comfortable and get rid of acidity.
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: it is a common symptom Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for the query. Acidity is quite a common problem faced by may. Food related worsening is common symptom in many. I suggest the following: take small frequent meals. Avoid fasting for long. Do not over eat at a time. Ensure you do not sleep 2 hours after meal. sleep at regular time and adequately avoid stressors. avoid pain killers Also regular walk and exercise help a lot. Still if your symptoms persist need to get yourself evaluated by an endoscopy to decide about further treatment. Hope this answers your query. Wish you a speedy recovery. Happy to help.