Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for UTI

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
Hi, I have been experiencing an itchy urethra that travels all the way down to the inside of my scrotum. This sensation mostly occurs when I urinate but sometimes when I'm not. I have been urinating more frequently. Sometimes it is difficult to urinate and I also feel the need to urinate again right after only to find very little comes out. There is a tingling sensation also present. No discharge. No visible sores. This has been going on for roughly 3 weeks with no signs of getting better or worse. The only time I find relief is when I try to flush my system out with a lot of water. I am a 26 year old male in otherwise exceptional health. I have been in a monogamous relationship in over a year and a half. Yes monogamous on both sides! However, she has not gotten a check up aince we have been together due to lack of insurance. Is it possible for an std to ahow up over 14 months later? She is not currently experiencing any of my symptoms. I am scheduling an appointment shortly but I wanted some feedback first. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Probably you are suffering from UTI. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM I don't think your symptoms are related to STD. Probably you are suffering from urinary tract infection(UTI). You need few investigations like routine hemogram,Random blood sugar,Urine RE/ME,Urine culture and sensitivity and Ultrasound of abdomen.Further investigations can be done if needed. You may need antibiotics if infection is diagnosed. You should drink plenty of water. You can consult your physician for your problem. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX