Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for UTI

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
My 21 year old daughter has had the smell that you have when you have a uti , but has no other symptoms.
When she was 11 months old she had surgery to correct reflexive of the ureters.
What can she do about the smell , she has seen doctors the gave her meds for a uti, when she is on the meds she does not have the smell
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She should do a urine analysis

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to healthcare magic .

I have read your question carefully and understand your concern.

If your daughter have a smell in urine and she have corrected ureters she should do a urinalysis with urine culture to exclude any infection.
If she will have infection she will need treatment and if she will not have infection than she doesn't drink much fluids .
During this time she should drink much water and especially cranberry tea.

Hope I have been helpful