Suggest treatment for Lichen Planus in mouth

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have a film in my mouth and my tongue pushes it all over for a year now. Do you what this is and how to cure it? I have been to 2 oral sergeons, 2 pathologists, 3 dentists, ENT who took a biopsy and said that My gums and throat are fine. They all told me to use mouth rinses. One of your doctors said I could have Litchen Planus and recommended a gel which I got a prescription from the ENT doctor. I use it 5 times and nothing has changed. Could you help me please?
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Lichen Planus ? Detailed Answer: Hello, It is my pleasure and privilege to answer this query. As you are having this lesion for many years now and consulted many doctors for the management. You have also undergone biopsy of the lesion to find out the exact cause of the lesion and one doctor has told it as a Lichen Planus. It may be true because any other oral lesion by this time would have regressed. This occurs when the immune system attack against cells of the oral mucous membranes for unknown reasons and genes may play a role in the development of oral lichen planus. I had one of my patient with same symptoms, I tried all the possible medicines to control the lesion but it did not happen. Then I tried cream TEES (Steriod) for 1 month over the lesion 2 times a day, over a period of 2 months the lesion regressed totally. If you have no pain or discomfort and if only white lesions are present, you may not need any treatment. I would suggest you to apply this steroid cream on the lesion twice daily for at least 15-20 days, you can appreciate the improvement. Hope you try this on consultation with your ENT surgeon. If you have any query fell free to post it. Thank you.