Suggest treatment for Giardiasis?
User rating for this question
My symptoms are bad gas and bloating, deep hard stomach growals and a clear liquid comes out sometimes when i try to go to the bathroom or try to pass some gas.This has been going on for about a week.
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Might be Giardiasis. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. This can occur due to some infection like giardiasis. Since it is acute , it can be a result of gastritis. You may get your stool exmaination done. I would advise you for the following , that you may consult with your doctor : 1. A short course of antibiotics like combination Norfloxacin and Tinidazole for 5 days 2. A 5 days course of proton pump inhibitors like Pantaprazole 40 mg once a day. 3. A Probiotic containing lactobacillus like Sporolac / lactovit. 4. Consume good amount of green leafy vegetables and fruits. 5. Avoid outside water and food. I suppose you will get benefit by these way outs. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
People also viewed
- Is paromycin used in the treatment of giardiasis?
- What could be the purplish spots on inner arm
- Giardiasis nifuroxazide
- Does constipation lead to body aches
- Does menopause cause frequent urge to urinate
- Headache and body aches constipated
- Will phazyme and gasex help with severe abdominal pain
- Naturopathy treatment of giardiasis
- Giardiasis doxycycline treatment
- What is the remedy for metallic taste in mouth
- Constantly thirsty body aches fevercough
- Body aches chills stomach pain
- Treatment and cure for giardiasis
- What are the side effects of taking tramadol
- Coldscough fever diease body ache