Suggest treactment for alcohol addication

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hi: I am investigating non-pharmaceutical treatments for alcohol. I have read about a "Last Call" program using a substance called Sobrexa and another program using a substance called Declinol. Both use kudzu among other ingredients over a 4 week program to reduce or eliminate alcohol use and cravings. I have read about kudzu years ago, but never was able to find it in a formulation that was helpful. I have tried Campral but ended up paying $20,000 per year in insurance as a result of my "alcohol problem." This will change with Obamacare, but you can understand why I would rather avoid the drugs. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 7 days later
Brief Answer: I would advise other methods for alcohol control. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. The formulations you have mentioned are not fully clinically proven for their efficacy. After reading your post, I would like to advise you that you should go for other methods for stopping alcohol intake. Some helpful ones are :- 1. Gradually decreasing the intake of alcohol. The time span may be weeks to months, depending upon your previous intake. You should follow the method with full patience. 2. Meditation. This will develop your mind power to strengthen your willpower to gradually decrease the alcohol intake as mentioned above. 3. Yoga and exercise. This will make the body feel active and help in positive thinking. I hope you this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.