Suggest the dosage of FolRite that can be taken

We are planning to have a child. I have bought folic acid tablets named FolRite 5mg . I want to know the dosage that my wife has to take. Please suggest. Thanks a Lot!!
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer: 5 mg once daily Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Folic acid is advised to be taken during the preconception period and during the first three months of pregnancy to prevent the development of neural tube defects in the baby. It is taken in a dosage of 5 mg once daily. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL