Suggest the antibiotics for neurologic Lyme disease

Im going to see a doctor in new york for treatment for lyme disease. Im scared of medicines that prolong qt interval because it happened to me before when i took cyclobenzoprine. Which antibiotics are the safest for treating late neurologic lyme disease? Rocephin is dangerous i read and this doctor combine medications so i just want a heads up. Also my blood pressure is dropping low and rising high. What causes that?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Tetracyclines are better Detailed Answer: Hi, You seem to have equivocal result for Lyme disease, IgG levels are not confirmatory. If there is a strong suspicion, your physician can go ahead with the treatment. It is going to be long for about 4 to 6 weeks. I prefer to use Doxycycline and/or Cephalosporin. Since you are not comfortable with Rocephin (Ceftriaxone). You may go with IV Doxycycline after skin test. You can say this to your treating doctor. Doxy does not interfere with QT interval nor BP fluctuations. I suggest you to follow up with Internal Medicinist for thorough BP recording with mercurial sphygnomanometer than the digital recorder that you hold. After a snap shot of at least three BP recording in successive weeks we can decide the plan of treatment for the fluctuations. There are different causes that fluctuates the BP and complex to explain here. Hope this helps.