Suggest suitable medicine for sweating in underthigh

hello sir, i am getting too much sweat in my underthigh which causes severe itching since 2 months .. I used propyderm nf cream ...plz suggest me some medicine
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection of the groin Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now your problem seems to be that of fungal infection in the groin region. Such infections are very common in the groin region especially due to increased sweating. First of all, you should stop using the cream that you are applying. It contains a very strong steroid which should be totally avoided in the area arounduthe genitals. You should use an antifungal cream containing clotrimazole , something like candid cream over the affected areas twice a day. Do not apply any other creams or oil over the area. Use candid cream continuously for atleast two week. In addition take oral antifungal tablet fluconazole 150 mg once a week for two weeks. For itching, take some oral antihistamines like cetrizine. Wear cotton undergarments in order to decrease sweating. Use an antifungal dusting powder like candid powder twice a day in the skin folds. Hope it helps If you have any other query, please ask. Dr Geetika Paul.