Suggest some medication to cure skin abrasion and darkening

Dermatologist
Question
I need a medicine so tat skin abrasion and darkening should go
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 22 minutes later
Hi!XXXXXXX,

Thank you for posting the query,

According to the description it seems to be a fungal infection known as Tinea cruris .
You should take oral anti fungal tablets (if you are not treated previously) like fluconazole or terbinafin tablet.Along with this you should also use a topical anti fungal preparation of ketocoazole cream once a day.This would take care of the infection part .

But the pigmentation what you have developed would take long time to go .After the itching has subsided and you are left with marks only ,you can use creams like hydroquinone (4%) topically at night to take care of the dark pigmentation .But this would take long time to go.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.

Follow-up: Suggest some medication to cure skin abrasion and darkening 6 minutes later
Doctor,

I dont have too much of itching.It appears once in a while but i want treatment for darkening of the skin to get cured fast. Please give a suitable medicine for it as its my marriage.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 2 hours later
Hi! XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back,

The darkening of skin following fungal infection usually takes long time to go .You can use either hydroquinone cream (4%) cream at night time or glycolic acid cream(10%) at night over the area.
I have tried doing lasers also in such conditions ,but again takes number of sessions. The best laser would be Q-Switched Nd:yag laser (1064nm) suitable of this condition.

Kindly consult a competent dermatologist who is expert in lasers too .

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.