Suggest some home remedies for loose motions

hi, i am getting loose motions (watery) since yesterday night. I have taken a tablet of eldoper. i am also getting stomach pain. please suggest some home remedies and things i can eat as feeling very hungry.
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. You are having acute diarrhea. Most often it is due to infections. Two things are important while treating acute diarrhea. 1. Treating the infection 2. Preventing the complications. The most important complication is dehydration. Look at the urine output and the moisture of tongue. If the urine output is decreased and the tongue is dry, it indicates you are dehydrated. Drink enough fluids. Drink electrolyte solutions like electobion is sips which will not only keep you well hydrated but also replenish the salts that are lost in the loose stools. Take rice based diet. Include more curd in your diet. A BRAT diet is usually advised for diarrhea - Banana, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. Get a stool test done to look for infection. I hope that answers your question. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini