Suggest safe and effective medicine for runny nose, throat pain and headache

I have running nose,throat pain,headache from yesterday.can you suggest me the tablet
to free from this problem?
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 44 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Running nose, throat pain, headache are usually symptoms of an upper respiratory infection which is usually caused by a virus. In some persons there may be bacterial infection of the throat or ears but this is not common.

You should consider the use a decongestant. This would help the runny nose. Decongestants can be oral or topical. Topical decongestants are OTRIVINE- you would use 1 drop twice a day.
The oral decongestant is normally combined with an antihistamine which would also help your. Some examples are actifed-dm, benadry cough syrup

These medications are available without a prescription

You can also consider the use of paracetamol to help with the headache and throat pain. This is also available without a prescription.

You need to get some rest and drink a lot of fluids.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions