Suggest remedy to remove stitches marks on face

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Sir,
My age is 25 years.
My concerns is how can scar marks of stitches on the face can be removed completely?
It looks little ugly as it is right below my right eye & also just above my left eyebrow

Kindly suggest a method which is cost effective &

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry, I missed the last line.
Kindly suggest a method which is cost effective & does not produces any side effects on the facial skin.

Thanks in Advance!
XXXXX
Posted Wed, 16 Dec 2015 in null

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload a few images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have gone through your query and I have noted down your concern.

First of all, a scar is like a cementing substance between bricks and though it is not possible to erase a scar completely, a scar can nevertheless be improved cosmetically and that can be achieved either surgically e.g a scar revision surgery and/or with certain topical creams Or procedures like microneedling etc

For example, Z-plasty is a common surgery for scar revision which attempts to re-orient scar along the skin tension lines so that it becomes less noticeable. Similarly certain creams e.g Tretinoin cream and procedure like microneedling Or dermabrasion etc helps to remodel scar and make it less noticeable.

I request you to kindly upload a few images so hat I am able to guide you better. You may upload an image either at "Reports Section" Or You may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of this mail as Attention:Dr.Kakkar.

Follow-up: Suggest remedy to remove stitches marks on face 3 hours later
Hi Doctor,

I've uploaded few of my facial scars images. Please let me know as how these can be treated & removed as much as possible & the cost involved in doing so.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest you to visit a facial plastic suregon

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Thank you. I have reviewed the Images.

I would suggest a scar revision surgery with Z-plasty wherein the scar would be excised and then re-oriented along the relaxed skin tension lines (RSTL) so as to achieve a better cosmesis. You need to visit a facial plastic suregon regarding the procedure. Its is a day care procedure and cost would vary from doctor to doctor, however, you can always negotiate the cost, once you are convinced about the procedure.

Follow-up: Suggest remedy to remove stitches marks on face 20 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your suggestion.
Are there any medicated creams or ointments available through with these scars can be faded out a little?

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tretinoin cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

You may use tretin 0.05% cream once daily at night. It contains tretinoin which would help in remodelling of scar tissue.

Follow-up: Suggest remedy to remove stitches marks on face 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor,

I searched for it found that popularly it is being sold by the name Retin-A cream and comes in two concentrations 0.05% & 0.025%. Please confirm if this is the one you are referring to? Also, please let me know if there are any side-effect of applying this cream on affected areas of facial skin.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tretinoin

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Yes, these are same products. Side effects can include mild redness.