Suggest remedy to cure painful red rash in the groin region

i have a red "rash" that is pain full and itches around the tip of my penis on the shaft and between my balls and my leg. It has cleared up some with me usind a&d ointment after my shower but it is still there. the pain where it is reddest is keeping me from having intercourse with my wife. Please help
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi From the description it looks like you have developed a candidal infection of the penIle and the groin region. Do not apply a and d cream over it. Firstly keep the affected area clean and dry. Clean it with lukewarm saline water twice a day. Apply an antifungal cream containing clotrimazole. Over the affected area twice a day. You can use canestan cream. Do not apply any other cream or oil over it. Wear cotton undergarments so as to reduce sweating. Use adequate contraception till the time the infection persists. Get your partner checked up too if she has any symptoms. Hope it helps Please ask if you have any other query Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Suggest remedy to cure painful red rash in the groin region 18 minutes later
where does something like this come from? the only thing that changed in the last several years was my wife wanted to use coconut oil as a lubricant. i noticed some tenderness after a few times usung it then it just seem to expload.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: fungal infection groin Detailed Answer: Hi again See the sites of infection that you have mentioned are basically the ones which are commonly affected in a fungal infection. It typically affects the folds of skin down there along with the area under the prepuce and the glans in males. Now the reasons for this infection can be many. It can occur in obese people due to increased sweating and maceration of skin, in diabetics, in patients on antibiotics, on immunosuppressive drugs or it can be sexually transmitted. Also although coconut oil is a natural antifungal, but for the time being you can avoid its use. Also since it is causing tenderness in your case, it basically means that your skin seems to be reacting to it. This can also be another aggravating factor in your case. Sometimes it can lead to some form of irritation also when applied on non intact skin. You can start with the treatment as advised,but remember to apply the medicine regularly for two weeks atleast. I am sure it will be of help. Dr Geetika Paul