Suggest remedy for interior ankle swelling and tenderness after wearing compression hose?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been wearing compression hose since mid November of this past fall. I wear them in the daytime and before bed, I remove them. I have been experiencing very red and tender right interior ankle swelling and tenderness. I understand the reason; I just keep seeing more and more redness. At present, the worst part is on my right ankle and both my shins. I feel there is excess fluid in my upper legs, too. My husband has been so kind as to massage my legs upward, toward my heart, these past couple of days. It seems to be feeling better. I am getting ready to use a stronger compression level for hose next week when I can pick them up. With my skin being so red and my shins so tender, it makes it so hard to put the hose on and I just wondered if there may be something more I can do for my legs.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: relief with laser treatment for varicose vein. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your symptoms there is induration and superficial skin infection due to venous stasis. It is complication of venous insufficiency [varicose vein]. Dilated vein need investigation like venous Doppler and valve study. Many of my patients find relief with laser treatment for varicose vein. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time you can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Vitamin E supplement with carnitine has good results. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Take care