Suggest remedies to reduce pimples

i am having pimples so how to reduce it? please tell me natural remedy and do's and don'ts
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Remedy for pimples Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to healthcare magic, Acne is a disorder of oil producing sebaceous glands and is influenced by your adolescent hormones and you will continue to have it till that hormonal influence is over. We should control the severity so that it won't scar your face. Do's:- - Wash your face often so that excess oil will be washed off and dirt and dead cells won't clog your pores. You may use face wash twice a day (eg: clean & clear ) - Drink plenty of water, have a well balanced diet with plenty of citrus fruits, colored fruits rich in Vitamin A and vegetables. - You may have a pumpkin and carrot soup twice a week which is rich in Vitamin A and help in reducing pimples. - You may apply a paste made of honey and cinnamon powder over the pimples at night. Don'ts:- - Do not apply any creams on the face as they clog the pores. Avoid make up. - Avoid applying oil on the scalp - Avoid excess milk and milk products, chocolates, pizzas, ice creams, carbonated sugary drinks, sweets. - Do not pick or squeeze the pimples as they leave behind scars. - Avoid facials where a cream is massaged on the face. - Avoid stress, relaxation methods like yoga will help. Hope this helped, If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care.
Follow-up: Suggest remedies to reduce pimples 25 minutes later
what type of soap to be used to cleanse my face, what type of cream should be applied (oily face)
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Clarifications Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back. Soap is very alkaline and harsh on the skin over the face. I will recommend you to use a liquid face wash like clean & clear foaming face wash or Keracnyl face wash for washing the face. I had mentioned earlier that it is better to avoid creams on the face as they are greasy and will clog the pores. You may apply a gel based sunscreen ( for eg : Suncote gel) or a non comedogenic sunscreen like Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch in the monings before going out. Apply compact powder over the sunscreen for a matte finish ( eg Lakme Radiance compact). Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care