Suggest remedies to increase weight of a baby?

My daughteris 2 months old. Her birth weight is 3.15 kg and now she is 4.8 kg. She is taking my milk as well as top feed. The problem is that she cries excessively even after taking proper feed. Her sleep is also less. She sleeos 8 to 9 hrs in 24 hrs including night time. Plz advise how should I control her crying and increase her sleep
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Since she is gaining adequate weight and taking feeds well so no need to worry. Regarding crying there could be many reasons like. -colic -hunger -wetness. -getting bored. Colic is commonest reason and usually settles by 3months of age. Keep baby in prone position but should not be left unattended. Gently massage his tummy in form of inverted U starting from right side of abdomen. You should also avoid gas forming food items in your diet. Regarding formula milk cows milk is main content and many babies are allergic to it in young infancy and can have colic with it as well. This colic could be reason of his sleeping less as well. You can try colicaid drops under guidance of your pediatrician. It may help her. Hope I have answered your query. Wishing your baby good health. God bless..
Follow-up: Suggest remedies to increase weight of a baby? 5 hours later
Thank u very much. But how should I increase her sleep. Plz advise
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 9 hours later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Relax,once your baby will be comfortable he will sleep properly. Make him sleep in quiet room. Slowly he will adapt to rhythm. Hope this helps. Take care..
Follow-up: Suggest remedies to increase weight of a baby? 12 hours later
Thanks a lot doctor. Can I use oil heater to cosy her room? Is there any side effect of using it? It is very cold in Delhi and it is not possible for me to sit taking her in my lap to make her cosy.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes it can be used. Detailed Answer: Thanks again. Yes oil heater can be used. But keep it at some distance at least 5feet away. At a stretch use it for few hours. I also suggest you to use steamer in room for sometime so as to humudify room and avoid dryness in cold and dry climate. Hope this helps. Happy parenting....